Thursday 22 November 2012

Hello there
What  a wonderful but time and penny consuming thing ebay is?
  I have even begun to do something my younger (but not wiser) self vowed never to do,  re-reading books. I used to think life is too short and that it would be boring or I would remember all the plots and stories!
I did have one exception to this though as I have read "Wuthering Heights" several times. I find that as you age in years and experience that you can understand and empathise more with the characters.
This week I have read Joanne Harris's " Blackberry Wine" and enjoyed it immensely, even though i have read it before several years ago. It was bought second hand via ebay and the funny thing is it has pencil marks and underlinings on several pages - I do this myself !  only in books that are not valuable of course and those you would keep and refer back to.
Second hand books are a wonderful thing if you read a lot as I do - and I got four last week and even then it was buy one get one free :) - how lovely

Above is my latest purchase of a hare by Kate Wyatt - I have re-decorated the lounge and decided another picture was needed - call it an early birthday present to us and the house.  The dining room I thought had sixteen pictures but when checked it has eighteen!!   If I ever win the lottery there will have to be a library and a gallery amongst my early purchases. 
Now to take Little Bess for  a walk in this wet and windy weather ... we don't mind, we each have our waterproof coats and love of fresh air,
Until next time, take care in all that you do
Angela x
.

No comments:

Post a Comment